Vivliostyle currently consists of two products. This page will show you how to use it. It also explains the new services we’re releasing this year.
Vivliostyle Viewer v2.4.2
- A browser-based formatting engine that reads HTML and displays the results of the typesetting in the browser.
- In order to typeset and display local files, you need to start the web server (see FAQ for details).
Page view to fit window size
Page view by fixed size
There is also a downloadable version that can be used on private networks, so you can do what you want with it without going through us.
Vivliostyle CLI v3.0.3
- CSS typesetting on the command line with output to PDF.
- PDF/X-1a output supported by merging PRESS-READY in v2. Ghostscript and Xpdf are required for this feature. See PRESS-READY for more information.
How to install
- You need to install Node.js prior to using it.
- It can be installed from the npm package.
Vivliostyle CLI will be released as an npm package. Also, Node.js must be installed.
$ npm install -g @vivliostyle/cli
Create PDF from HTML
- On the command line you can use the build command to specify an HTML file to convert into a PDF file typeset with CSS.
In the Terminal command line, run it with your HTML file to output PDF file with CSS typesetting. There is also a preview option.
$ vivliostyle build index.html
- With the preview command, you can check what the results would look like.
-hto see details of the usage. Also check the help
help [cmd]for each command.
$ vivliostyle preview index.html
Vivliostyle Pub (Initial version will be released by the end of 2021) v0.0.0
Edit text/Markdown/HTML in the left pane and preview the formatted results in the right pane.