Vivliostyle Pub now exports PDF files
Vivliostyle Pub released an alpha version in April. Since then, development has proceeded smoothly, and just recently it has become possible to export to PDF files. The user guide has been substantially revised accordingly.
- Vivliostyle Pub Alpha version User Guide (Sorry, the English translation is still under preparation.)
As a result of this update, for example, the current Vivliostyle Pub alpha version can do the following.
- You can instantly preview the manuscript written in Markdown.
- You can apply any theme (style sheet) to your Markdown file.
- You can use Google Fonts that can be used free of charge and various paid web font services.
- You can combine multiple Markdown files into one book.
- You can edit with multiple users using the features of GitHub.
- You can export PDF files.
However, due to the different location of the typesetting engine between preview and PDF output, the fonts used in preview and PDF output may not match, and this may cause pages to differ from each other.
The user guide also describes how to avoid these font mismatches, so please take a look.
- Fonts used in the official Vivliostyle Theme
- Custom theme - Match fonts between preview and PDF files output
Vivliostyle Pub, a CSS typesetting web app, is free for everyone to use. Please try it from the following page.